We Listen With Respect, We Speak With Honesty And Act With Integrity
Debra J. Cohn
Debra joined in March 2020 after serving as Managing Partner in the Vestal Office of Tully Rinckey. Debra is a graduate of Stony Brook University, earning a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Cum Laude, Phi Betta Kappa in 2003.
In 2007 she obtained her Juris Doctor Degree from Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center. She was admitted to practice law in New York State in 2008. She was awarded CALI academic excellence awards in Family Law, Rights of Children, and Family Law Clinic.
Debra handles primarily matrimonial and family law matters including divorce, child custody and visitation, child support, paternity, adoption, grandparent visitation, grandparent, and other non-parent custody.
Debra has served as a Court Appointed Special Advocate, ad is currently on the Board of Directors of RISE, a local not-for-profit organization which provides assistance to the victims of domestic violence. She has had special training in mediation, she is also approved to serve on the New York State Guardian Ad Litem Panel, being appointed by the Surrogate to represent adults determined by the Court to be disabled and who require legal counsel in adult guardianship matters.
Debra also practices in several general practice areas.
- Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, Huntington, New York
- J.D. - 2007
- Stony Brook University
- B.A. - 2003
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Divorces and deductions: Understand how the new tax law could affect you, Tully Rinckey PLLC
- Family Law
- CALI Award for Academic Excellence in Family Law
- CALI Award for Academic Excellence Family Law Clinic
- CALI Award for Academic Excellence Rights of Children
- New York
- RISE - Board of Director, 2017 to Present